first post

as a young female who has begun to experience many new situations, such as traveling the world, starting college, beginning to find inner confidence, and dealing with relationships, I decided to begin to write about my life.
Copacabana, Australia

I began to travel, by myself, very recently. growing up, my parents were always insistent in traveling across the states, so I have been to the majority of the fifty states with my parents. but, beginning in February, I skipped a couple of weeks of my senior year (missing my last few basketball games as cheer captain, as well) and hopped on a plane to Australia to visit my best friend who I met in 2015 while she was doing her foreign exchange student program in my high school. traveling to Australia had been my first time to leave my parents, first time to travel alone, and the first time to leave the country. after two amazing weeks flew by and was on my way back to the states, I was already planning my next international trip.

I just got back from the three week backpacking trip from Italy and it was the best summer of my life! once again, I travelled to see my Aussie friend, as well as the Italian foreign exchange student from 2017, and another Aussie I met on my arrival. now...where to next? ;)

I am currently back in my home town (not happy about it) and starting at my local community college in a couple of days. by the means of books, laptop, pens, and paper, I am ready to begin, but mentally, I am not at all ready to begin. incredibly uninterested to begin school again while there are so many other things I could be doing. 

Monterossa al Mare, Italy
I live in a small town, named after liquor (pop. 1600), and all I've ever wanted is to get out of it. the mean girls constantly tear you down and spread rumors you didn't even know about yourself, high school being the worst four years because of the blatant favoritism cast upon star athletes and who your parents are, and nothing being secret because everyone knows everyone. 

I long to move out of my small town and see the world. so I will be posting about my adventures and life weekly xx


-thats so lillian

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

italia- La Spezia

first days as a freshman